What To Do With Nooks and Unique Spaces In Your Home
Do you have a small nook in your home that you aren't sure what to do with? Oftentimes, we ignore or waste unique spaces because we don't know what to do with them! Here are some ideas for creating a purpose for the nooks in your home:
1. Coffee / Tea Bar: Having a small table where your family or guest can make themselves a cup of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, espresso, or whatever you choose is always a great use of space! It's perfect to keep everything accessible, but out of the way, and especially for entertaining.
2. Office Space: If you can't dedicate an entire room to a desk and computer, find a small space, get the right sized desk, and you have an office!
3. Mini Bar: Transform an empty nook in your kitchen or dining areas into a bar station! Stock with your favorite liquor for entertaining, glasses, blender, cocktail mixers, bottle openers and all of your bar essentials.
4. Seating Corner: Not sure what to do with the awkward corner in your home? Turn it into a seating area to enjoy each other's company. Chairs, a tiny table, lamp and some decor will create a cozy atmosphere for conversation.
5. Reading Space: All you need is a small corner and a cozy chair to create a reading / relaxation space for yourself. Whether in your bedroom, living room, or outside on your patio, get a chair you're comfortable in, a good book, light a candle and snuggle up!
6. Makeup Table: Using a desk, stool, mirror and the right lighting, create your own makeup vanity out of the space available in your bedroom, bathroom or closet! Store all of your makeup in drawers or containers and you have the perfect spot to get ready.
7. Pet Sanctuary: Create a space for your pets - no two legged creatures allowed! Giving them a space in your home to hang out, play and store all of their toys is a great way to use unique areas.
8. Attic Hideaway: Attic's don't only have to be for storing holiday decorations and old clothing! If you have a finished attic or top floor with slanted ceilings, use it for a space for your children. Create a playroom, reading area or homework space.
Need help figuring out the best use of space in your home? Contact me for a free consultation.