My Favorite Real Estate & Home Design TV Shows & Podcasts
While quarantine has us all staying home for the safety of ourselves and others, I've put together a short list of some of my favorite real estate and home design TV shows and podcasts that will hopefully provide a bit of entertainment (and learning) during your down-time.
1) HGTV's Fixer Upper with Chip & Joanna Gaines: Although Fixer Upper won't be continuing on any longer, the couple recently announced a new business venture - their very own network. Magnolia is set to launch on October 4th of this year with content focusing on topics including community, home, garden, food, wellness, entrepreneurialism and design.
2) Clever: A Podcast About Design: Amy Devers, designer, maker and Emmy-winning TV personality and Jaime Derringer, Founder of modern design blog Design Milk, team up for this incredible list. They interview a variety of creatives, including photographers, furniture designers and interior designers, and discuss their beginning, process and challenges. Listen here.
3) HGTV's Christina On The Coast: A spin-off of Flip or Flop, Christina On The Coast gives a more personal view into the life of Christina Anstead (formerly Christina El Moussa). It highlights the real estate and house-flipping professional as Christina helps clients transform outdated properties into high-end spaces and also delves into her personal journey .
4) HGTV's Property Brothers: Twin brother Jonathan and Drew Scott help couples transform fixer-uppers into their dream homes. The brothers use imagery programs to unveil their plans and count on the couple to take a risk on the design. It takes some convincing that purchasing an older home is worth it, but the couple is always satisfied in the end.
5) Young House Love Podcast: Husband and wife team, John & Sherry Petersik talk about home DIY and renovation projects each week, while interviewing bloggers and designers, and debating the latest design trends. They're funny, smart and charming! Listen here.
6) The World's Most Extraordinary Homes on Netflix: Award-winning architect Piers Taylor and actress / property enthusiast Caroline Quentin travel the world far and wide - across mountains, through forests, along coasts and deep underground to find beautifully unconventional homes.
7) Bravo's Million Dollar Listing: Yes, it's a reality show, but it's a good one! Million Dollar Listing chronicles the professional and personal lives of real estate agents in New York and Los Angeles as they navigate the ever-changing real estate market, dominated by unrealistic sellers and softening prices. Viewers get a peek into their unconventional selling tactics as they think outside the box to generate interested in the world of high-priced real estate.
8) The Chaise Lounge Podcast: If you're interested in the business of interior design, this podcast is for you. It's been described as a "masterclass in breaking into the industry." Each week, host Nick May interviews designers on getting their start and building their businesses. Listen here.
What are some of your favorites? What are you watching or listening to these days?