7 Easy Decorating Ideas for Fall
Fall is just around the corner! Get a head start on transitioning your home from the warm, summer months to the cool, autumn season. Here are some of my favorite decorating ideas for the fall:
1. Create rustic table centerpieces. Get creative! Use wicker baskets, mason jars, small pumpkins, branches, greenery, candles and more to create some unique table centerpieces for the living room, dining room or kitchen.
2. Layer up! Add warm pillows and blankets to your couch, sofa or accent chairs just like you would with your wardrobe!
3. Add area rugs to warm up cool floors. In your hallway, front entryway, on hardwood or tiled floor or in other places you may not have a carpet, use different sized area rugs to create a warm step.
4. Update the fireplace mantel. Switch out your frames and accents with some festive decor.
5. Decorate your font door / porch area. Pumpkins and seasonal colored flowers create a festive look for the entrance to your home. Use pumpkins to write out your street number! A new welcome mat and fall themed wreath or door decor can also do the trick.
6. Switch out your throw pillows, area rug and blankets. Opt for rich fall colors and thicker fabrics such as velvet or faux fur.
7. Add some rich colored accessories. Instead of painting or re-doing an entire room, try switching out or adding a few furniture pieces and accessories! Use rich, bold colors instead of going too bright.