DIY Modern Halloween Decorating Ideas
Halloween is a fun time to decorate, dress-up, entertain, and trick-or-treat! Decorating for the holiday can be easy and fun. There's no need to go over the top - a tiny bit of the Halloween spirit goes a long way!
1) Patterned Pumpkins: Pumpkins are a staple fall decoration. Take a modern twist on a classic piece of decor by using matte black and metallic spray paints to customize, or stick with the traditional black / white / orange in a modern pattern. Use duct tape as stenciling or dress it up with jewels or beads! Take a softer approach by painting the pumpkin white, and letting metallic paint drip down for a creepy affect! Try seating the pumpkins on pedestals to create levels.
2) Lace-Trimmed Candles: Wrap lace around the glass for some spooky votives, or lace around the top of a thicker candle to create a great addition to your dining or end tables.
3) Halloween Throw Pillows: Not a fan of the bright orange and black decor? Adding a throw pillow with a fun pattern, such as skulls, can add a tiny pinch of Halloween spirit to your home.
4) Chalkboard Bottle Holders: Using empty wine bottles, cover with chalk paint and stick a black candle inside for a festive centerpiece.
5) Halloween Mason Jars: Paint mason jars in a Halloween-inspired pattern to showcase in your kitchen!
6) Porch Decor: Take a walk and find the largest branches you can! Adding branches, pumpkins, and some faux black birds might scare off some trick-or-treaters but will have your porch looking spooktacular!
7) Pumpkins In A Jar: To take the easy way out, buy a few baby pumpkins, add them to different sized glass jars, and you're all set through Thanksgiving!