2018 Paint Color Trends for your Home
Haven't switched things up in quite some time? It's nice to refresh your space once in a while! From switching out throw blankets or pillows, to updating drapes or fixtures, redesigning your home can get overwhelming. However, choosing a color palette to work with is a good place to start! Below are some of the top paint color trends for the new year:
1. Behr: In The Moment: This cool, calming blue has an inspiring natural feel, serving as a soothing mixture of blue, gray and green. According to Behr, this hue "speaks to our desire to take a break, be present and recharge". This color can transition across different decor styles, from traditional, to modern, to contemporary and more.
2. Benjamin Moore: Stone: This modern shade of gray is a sure thing no matter what your design style may be. This neutral bridges the gap between taupe and brown with "effortless ease". It's stylish tone can complement any space.
3. Glidden: Deep Onyx: This classic, bold shade of black works well as a main or accent color. It's richness in color creates a statement in any room. You can pair with white or neutrals for a clean, classic look, or with any other shades to make it standout. Misty Yeomans, PPG Color Marketing Manager for Glidden, says, "Using a black paint color like Deep Onyx on your walls or in your decor may feel intimidating at first, but it's actually one of the easiest colors to use to create the low-key, easygoing style that's trending for 2018".
4. Sherwin-Williams: Oceanside: An interesting balance of rich blues and jewel-toned greens creates Oceanside, a multi-dimensional color that can create a welcoming statement.
5. Behr: Wabi-Sabi: This shade of sage is perfect for the interior or exterior of your home, adding the perfect touch of warmth to create a welcoming and cozy atmosphere. If you want to create a bright space, try pairing it with white accent colors to draw more natural light into your home.
6. Benjamin Moore: Caliente: This strong, radiant shade is full of energy! It will, without a doubt, create a vibrant, charismatic atmosphere within your space. This shade of red can be used in a number of ways, from an accent color to an existing scheme, paired with whites and neutrals for a calmer look, or with darker bold accents to create a dramatic palette.
7. Valspar: Radiant Golden Ochre: This bright, playful color works great on front doors, adding the perfect pop of color to the exterior of your home. Inside, it can create a warm, fun vibe in any space.
Have questions on color palettes or where to start? Contact me for a free interior design consultation.