Modern Christmas Tree Ideas
Is it just me or does it seem like people are decorating their homes earlier this year? Whatever brings us a little more joy during these unprecedented times is O.K. in my book! When we think of holiday decorating, the first thing that comes to mind is a Christmas tree. People often associate that with a big, fluffy, green tree with ornaments, garland, candy canes and a giant star on top. However, your tree doesn't have to fit the mold.
When choosing your tree and decor, it should match your personality, style and taste. Whether you're set on a specific color scheme or style, you should make your tree a holiday statement piece.. If you'd rather opt for modern, minimalist or maximalist decor instead of traditional designs, check out some of my favorite options below:
1) Go White: There's nothing more minimalist, yet elegant, than an all white themed tree. Coat the green branches in snowy white flocking and decorate with your favorite white or neutral ornaments, flowers, and garland.
2) Modern Luxury: Use real or silk flowers to decorate a tree for an over-the-top grand look. Rich red flowers in a pattern, mixed with rich silver or gold ornaments, or bright white lights, are sure to make a statement! Instead of opting for a star on top, use ribbon or flowers to create the perfect tree topper.
3. Go Mobile: Who says your tree has to stay in one place? This example of a galvanized wash tub and old baby buggy make the perfect mobile base! Keep it in your entryway or move it to the family room.
4. Shiny Silver: Keep things simple with a neutral color palette of shiny silvers and whites. Complimentary home decor will bring out the simplicity, yet elegance of the design.
5. Matchy-Matchy: Stick with the theme of your room and your tree can become a statement piece of decor. If the color scheme of your room includes peach and bronze colors, as shown in the photo, stick to that. Use complimentary ornaments to bring out the colors in your artwork and furniture. Whether you're home is traditional, contemporary or modern, choosing a tree to reflect that style will complement your design.
6. Black & White: Keep your tree simple and timeless by accessorizing with black and white wrapping paper. If you have complimentary decor, that's even better!
7. The Space Saver: Trees don't have to be big and round! If you don't have a ton of space to decorate, choose a taller, skinny pencil tree.
Have you already thought about decorating for the holidays? I'd love to see your Christmas tree and decor! Tag @BostonModernStaging on Instagram!