Spring/Summer 2021 Pantone Color Report: Home Design Inspiration
"A RANGE OF SHADES INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTY OF NATURE SUPPORTS FLEXIBILITY AND REINVENTION"
Each season, the team at the Pantone Color Institute evaluates colors shown by designers at New York Fashion Week and use them to create the PANTONE Fashion Color Trend Report. This report features the top 10 standout colors, as well as current takes on the five core classics.
“Offering a range of shades illustrative of nature, colors for Spring/Summer 2021 underscores our desire for flexible color that works year-round. Infused with a genuine authenticity that continues to be increasingly important, colors for Spring/Summer 2021 combine a level of comfort and relaxation with sparks of energy that encourage and uplift our moods.” - Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute
Since fashion and interior design go hand-in-hand, you can use this Color Trends Report for inspiration on decorating your home for the upcoming seasons:
1. Marigold: A comforting golden orange infused yellow lends a warming presence.
2. Cerulean: The color of the sky on a serene, crystal clear day.
3. Rust: An earth inspired brown emblematic of Autumn leaves uncharacteristic of a spring palette.
4. Illuminating: Friendly and joyful, an optimistic yellow offering the promise of a sunny day.
5. French Blue: A stirring blue hue that awakens a vision of Paris in the springtime.
6. Green Ash: A mentholated Green that cools and soothes.
7. Burnt Coral: Inviting Burnt Coral expresses conviviality.
8. Mint: Tasty mint refreshes and restores.
9. Amethyst Orchid: The floral shaded amethyst orchid introduces a unique touch.
10. Raspberry Sorbet: Vivifying Raspberry Sorbet tantalizes.
This season’s core shades feature hues whose versatility transcends the seasons and allows for more freedom of choice.
1. Inkwell: A deep and intense blackened blue.
2. Ultimate Gray: Quietly assuring and reliable gray encouraging composure.
3. Buttercream: Smooth Buttercream is an easy and effortless delicious off-white.
4. Desert Mist: Invoking images of shifting powdery sands.
5. Willow: A canopy of green that reveals and conceals.
Boston Modern Staging + Design offers color consulting, interior design, home / office organization and window treatment services. If you have any questions about adding color, or anything to do with interior design for both residential and commercial properties, please feel free to contact us today!